The concert band is a campus wide organization and is open to any University student. This ensemble provides an outlet for musical expression for all wind and percussion performers. Members rehearse once a week and perform one concert at the end of the semester in the fall and twice a week with two concerts in the Spring. In addition, the students are encouraged to rehearse as a section one hour four times a semester. The ensemble performs modern, multicultural, and standard band literature. This ensemble is the only concert band open to any student regardless of ability level.
- Espirit de Corps – Robert Jager
- Russian Christmas Music – Alfred Reed
- Rest – Frank Ticheli
- Symphony No. 2 “In Memoriam Dresden” – Daniel Bukvich
- The Seal Lullaby – Eric Whitacre
- Tricycle – Andrew Boysen, Jr.
- Hebrides Suite – Clare Grundman
- Dedicatory Overture – Clifton Williams
- A Longford Legend – Robert Sheldon
The Concert Band rehearses on Thursday nights from 7:45 pm – 9:00 pm during the Fall term and on Monday and Wednesday afternoons from 3:00 pm – 4:15 pm during the Spring term.
M. Gregory Martin, conductor.