Membership into the Wind Symphony is open to any West Chester University student. An audition is required for participation. The band rehearses twice a week and members are required to rehearse as a section for one hour every other week. Music selections are chosen from the standard band literature, transcriptions, and new concert repertoire. The Wind Symphony has been selected to perform at the Pennsylvania Music Educators Association State Convention in Erie in April of 2017. This will be the second time the group has been selected to perform at that conference.
- Symphony No 6 for Band – Vincent Persichetti
- La Fiesta Mexicana – H. Owen Reed
- Colonial Song – Percy Aldridge Grainger
- Elsa’s Procession to the Cathedral -Wagner, ed. Bourgeois
- Symphony No. 2 – John Barnes Chance
- Trittico – Vaclav Nelhybel
- Aurora Awakes – John Mackey
- Ecstatic Fanfare – Steven Bryant
- Molly on the Shore – Percy Aldridge Grainger
- Chorale Prelude: So Pure the Star – Vincent Persichetti
- Lost Vegas – Michael Daugherty
- Festive Overture, Op. 96 – Shostakovich, trans. Hunsberger
- Morning Alleluias for the Winter Solstice – Ron Nelson
- Unquiet Spirits – John Mackey
- Symphony No. IV: Bookmarks from Japan – Julie Giroux
- Stampede – Stephen Bryant
The Wind Symphony rehearses on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 3:00 pm – 4:15 pm during the Fall term and on Monday and Wednesday afternoons from 4:15 pm – 5:30 pm during the Spring term.
M. Gregory Martin, conductor.